Friday 1 January 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021 [PRAYING THIS YEAR IS MORE FUN THAN THE LAST]

Oh yes it's time to kick off another year, a big welcome to 2021 and may it be twelve amazing months for you and yours, unlike the year we have just seen go by for many of us.

Can we just agree that the last year has not really gone to plan at all so might be best to just leave it be and move on. Been unable to attend any of the regular open days and running nights at local railway clubs, so quietly been adding to my small N Gauge collection at home, which is growing nicely now with a few additions and my Xmas gift to myself of a GWR railcar that I have wanted for ages. Still need a place to give everything a good run but we do what we can with a test track at home. Hopefully would be nice to have some events and exhibitions to enjoy as well as visiting heritage railways and therefore the plan for 2021 will be to indulge in that more. While also considering a change of scene might do me the world of good and would be looking at a move down towards the south coast depending on how work turns out. While this blog has outlived its original remit, which was to highlight and focus on my late father's models, I do enjoy it and plan to keep it going for as long as I can with hopefully more news and events throughout the year as well any more days out I can manage. Still need to rearrange trips to places like Swanage during 2021/22 now that the line is connected to Wareham and they might begin to run a service from the main line which would help my plans to get there by Train. Must arrange a few days away in York when it becomes possible and a trip to the National Railway Museum plus hopefully Blaenau Ffestiniog would be great ideas for long weekends away this year. We also expect to see more of friends and family as well given the past year and an almost complete cancellation of activities then. All this would help if work was better for me too, and if I can get back to enjoying life rather than the grind of train strikes and commuting. Whatever happens make it fun, enjoy life as much as you can and be entertaining too in all you do.

Hope you enjoy a wonderful year throughout 2021.

Happy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment