Tuesday 30 April 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME ... OMG I'M FIFTY !! 30th APRIL 1969 - 2019


Happy birthday to me
Happy birthday to me
OMG I'm 50 !
Happy birthday to me


Yes, remarkably I've made it to the half century. 




30th April 1969 - 2019

Am having a week off to enjoy this milestone, while a day out to Ascot races is planned I also aim to look at whatever exhibitions or events taking place. Would have been off to the Mid Hants Railway but they currently have a limited service due to improvements around Alton so that will have to be one for later in the year. Going to Ascot Horseracing which has been an annual event for us on my birthday week, joining my older brother and nephews we might even have a few old friends along for the day too. Be nice to find a few winners, and then drinks and a meal in the evening probably back in Twickenham. 

I have been used to planning a nice "present" to myself on my birthday given the lack of anything coming from anyone else. Alas that seems unlikely this time around as things stand, though as long as I find a way to go out to Ascot on Wednesday that will do for me, anything else will be a nice bonus. Have been picking up a few items of N Gauge and OO Gauge yet only have a small test track to run them on. It would be welcome surprise to pick up something either on eBay or maybe at home of the many exhibitions that are on so perhaps I can see what's available and if a good result at Ascot and make that happen. Yes Managed to pick up a "Western" Class in N Gauge and also some OO Track so I can make a test track at home. Not the same as having a proper layout in the garage as I did at Dads but at least these were a bargain so that's cool. Bring on the racing !! 

A trip to Didcot Railway Centre might also be on the list of activities as we head towards another Bank Holiday weekend. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ME. GO AND HAVE SOME FUN.😘😘



No comments:

Post a Comment