Tuesday 1 January 2019

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2019 [PLEASE MAKE IT A BETTER ONE]


Yes it's time to kick off another year, a big welcome to 2019 may it be twelve amazing months for you and yours. 

Last year was rather difficult for me with an office move into Central London and then the departure of my managers who were really good for me so there are not many good people left. A change of scene might do me the world of good. We look forward towards the new year where we'll still have plenty of railway and modelling related events and days out to plan for and enjoy. While this blog has outlived its original remit, focusing on Dad's models, I enjoy it and plan to keep it going for as long as I can with hopefully more news and events throughout the year as well any more days out I can manage.  

As I still have a few of Dads models to display I hope to get these out for a run a few times a year, am also considering getting a few bits of N Gauge again which I used to collect and build layouts, the advantage here being that they do not take up a lot of space, but so far they appear to be very expensive and the obsession with DCC I really do not get. I have therefore been 
picking up a few older items too for myself, some are non runners and will be trying to do a little maintenance to get them going and would like to pick up a few shunters and wagons and make a small shunting yard layout, would also like a DMU/Railcar so will see what I can do later in the year with that idea.

Trips away to Swanage, York and hopefully Blaenau Ffestiniog would be great ideas for long weekends away this year. We also expect to see more of friends and family as well as attend a few exhibitions and open days too if we can. Whatever happens make it fun, enjoy life and travels be entertained and indeed entertaining too in all you do. 

Hope you enjoy a wonderful 2019.



No comments:

Post a Comment