Friday 30 April 2021

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME -- 52 YEARS YOUNG

30th April 1969 - 2021
Another year passes and what a weird / stressful twelve months it's been. No plans being made this year it's going to be another very quiet one at home. Having made my peace with that situation, I will still be taking a few days off leave, and seeing if I can take a ride down to the coast for a change of scene. Been working at home for the best part of the last year or more and I really need to get outside. Planning to spend some time getting some of my models out for a test and run. In particular need to get Dads O Gauge items out as not been able to get to any open days recently and of course they too are all cancelled for the time being. 

Would have usually had a day to Ascot horse racing with my older brother, and maybe a few friends but that is being held behind closed doors which I guess is at least an improvement from the cancelled meeting that was last year. So now for my birthday I used to plan a nice "present" to myself, alas that seems unlikely this time around, but always on the look out for something to add to my N Gauge model collection. Picked up this GWR Railcar before Christmas (pictured above) still on the look out for a DMU or something to add to the collection. Also have a list of places to go (as I'm sure we all do given the past year) A trip over to the Isle of Wight and also had plans for a trip to Swanage or up the York. All this can go back on hold for a while though. Instead I'll just have a quiet day, open a bottle of something nice later on and raise a glass to everyone, especially our hero's in the Health Services, and other front line staff that are keeping as many people alive as we can.

Happy Birthday Me!!
Support the NHS workers 
(like the lovely Holly here 💖)
Try and have a fun time mate. 
NEED TO SHED A FEW MORE POUNDS BUT AT LEAST I AM SMILING

No comments:

Post a Comment