Monday 30 April 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME !! 49 YEARS AND COUNTING

30th April 1969 - 2018
Another year passes and what have I learned ... nothing as usual, my consistency is amazing. Having another slightly self indulgent post, as this week I am on leave and will kick things off with Monday celebrating "my birthday" as the late great Rik Mayall once said (TV episode, Bottom) and aside from a card from "All the lads on the Ark Royal" I will probably have to find something to do myself today since no one else really cares (and why should they).

Will be having a few days out during the week the first of which is Wednesday off out to Ascot races which has been an annual event now for a long while. Also have a few days away to Bognor Regis on the south coast to not only enjoy a bit of sea air and peace, but to meet up with a dear old friend and have a good old fashioned catch up. Anything else I manage to get up to will be a bonus and might well depend on how we do at the races first though. 

Used to plan a nice "present" to myself, alas that seems unlikely this time around, though as long as I find a way to go out to Ascot on Wednesday that will do for me. I am still collecting railway items such as these wagons below; 

PUGH, PUGH, BARNEY McGREW, CUTHBERT, DIBBLE AND GRUBB
PUGH, PUGH, BARNEY McGREW, CUTHBERT, DIBBLE AND GRUBB.

Can always look for something nice next month perhaps, things have been a bit up and down of late over the past twelve months although as I write this there are positives and perhaps as I enter my 50th year can improve things a little more going forwards. 

Happy Birthday !! 
Try and have a fun time mate. 
NEED TO SHED A FEW MORE POUNDS BUT AT LEAST I AM SMILING

No comments:

Post a Comment