Friday 2 September 2016

HILLINGDON RAILWAY MODELLERS AUGUST OPEN DAY -- REVIEW FROM SATURDAY Part Two



August Open Day -- Part Two ...

Having looked at the smaller scales in Part One we now switch focus to the main hall and the significant O Gauge test track. I have limited space to what I can bring down each time but try to vary the time and give my stock a bit of a run.




The first of mine to have a run was a BR (ex - LNER) Class C13 4-4-2 [No. 67417], I believe this was built from a Gladiator Kit but alas have no further details about the specific model, according to text books there are a number of class variations. 




Ran well around the impressive test track facilities albeit it's a little slow which is to be expected for such a model. Also it's pleasing to see how it goes given that it has spent such a long time in storage. 

I brought another O Gauge item to run and according to my notes this is a Class N5 in it's BR guise No. 69307. Again ran well although on a small number of occasions it did seem to 'jump' off the track might have struggled on the tight inside bend but it was okay everywhere else. 








Overall I was very happy with their performance though it's clear I need to give them a little more of a clean despite being securely stored. 

Plenty of other models being displayed and a nice variety of stock too, Steam, Goods, Diesel and Multiple Units too. I did like the EMU (think it's a 4-Cor model, happy to be corrected on that) which was then given additional SR coaches to run with and travelled really smoothly too, impressive if it's a kit and not a ready to run. 
SCHOOLS CLASS - 30923 'BRADFIELD'




CLASS 42 'WARSHIP' -- D815 'DRUID'









The collection of Warship classes was also attractive, and was a favourite Diesel during my youth along with the Westerns, I think because they appeared in a variety of liveries at a time when everything else was Blue. 



PAIR OF CLASS 42 'WARSHIPS' -- D816 'ECLIPSE' (Left) and D827 'KELLY' (Right)



Their next 'Open Day' will be held on Saturday 29th October.


No comments:

Post a Comment